Online resources for travelers
Countries and regions
- The CIA World Factbook provides information on countries and regions.
- The U.S. State Department's Country-Specific Pages and Background Notes provide information on countries.
- Lonely Planet publishes travel guides and information online.
- Letís Go also publishes travel guides and information online.
- Rough Guides publishes travel guides.
Region- and city-specific information sources such as tourism sites, city web sites and the equivalent of the local chamber of commerce are also good online resources.
- Traveler's Checklist
- Travel resources
- Website for students abroad
- Travel Warnings and Alerts
- Travel Registration
Culture, gender, sexuality
Half the Earth: Women's Experience of Travel Worldwide, eds. Miranda Davies, Laura Longrigg and Lucinda Montefiore
A Journey of One's Own: Uncommon Advice for the Independent Woman Traveler, by Thalia Zepatos
A World of Options, published by Mobility International USA (MIUSA), P.O. Box 3551, Eugene, OR 97403
The Real Guide: Able to Travel, by Alison Walsh.
Holiday and Travel Abroad: A Guide for Disabled People. Royal Association for Disability and Rehabilitation (RADAR), 25 Mortimer Street, London W1N 8AB ENGLAND
Travel for the Disabled: A Handbook of Travel Resources and 500 Worldwide Access Guides, by Helen Hecker. Twin Peaks Press, P.O. Box 129, Vancouver, WA 98666
The Third Pink Book: A global view of lesbian and gay liberation and oppression, eds. Aart Hendriks, Rob Tielman and Evert van der Veen, 1993
Spartacus: International Gay Guide, pub. Bruno Gmunder, 2001-02 ed.
Out in the World: International Lesbian Organizing, by Shelly Anderson
Out in the World: Gay and lesbian life from Buenos Aires to Bangkok, by Neil Miller
Are you two. . . together? A gay and lesbian travel guide to Europe, by Lindsey Van Gelder and Pamela Brandt
UW's University International Travel Committee's Considerations for LGBTIQ Travel Abroad