Language of instruction: English
Language requirement: None.
GPA requirement: 2.5 cumulative
Priority deadline: December 6, 2013 for priority consideration
Approximate Program Dates
May 28, 2014 — July 25, 2014
Location: Hangzhou, China
Affiliated Institution: Zheijang University
Trips/Excursions: Guided tour of places of interest in the region, industrial and cultural visits (to be determined)
Two engineering courses offered for six credits taught by UW faculty, plus one credit of E ASIAN 299 (Directed Study).
Cost: Approximately $4,000, which covers tuition, housing, health insurance, student ID card, technical visits and excursions.
In addition, students will need to budget approximately $2,000 for airfare to and from the site, meals and personal travel.
Housing: On-campus dormitory in single or double rooms with a shared bath
Meals: On-campus cafeterias and local restaurants
Students should be aware of the following things, which affect eligibility for this program.
- Grade of AB or higher in ESL 118 (if taken) is required
- Grade of B or higher in Comm A
- Priority will be given to students without prior experience in Asia
- Priority will be given to students who will enroll in all courses offered
- Grade of B or higher in all prerequisite courses is required
If you have an up-to-date passport please submit a copy of it with your application, otherwise apply immediately.
If you have any questions, contact IESP.